PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shell Southern North Sea Contract 2012
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 22:32
Jetboxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 days to go until the contract ends, Dancopter still yet to sign all the contract and they have nothing in place at Norwich, and the aircraft still in Nigeria. Shell yet to officially inform Bristow who has won the contract.
And enough lined-checked pilots to satisfy Shell, and maintenance staff/parts/capability, and a spare aircraft (also to satisfy Shell), and the ability to do rotors-running refuels (not allowed at Norwich western apron), and ops staff/facilities, and ramp staff, and a AOC that satifies the CAA.
Swapshop - All this negativity!

The job is the same as is it was 40 years ago - a helicopter transporting people to a platform as safely as possible.

Dancopter are fully capable of doing that with a good safety record.

Of course, there are more hoops to jump though nowadays, which benefit us all, but instead of looking at them as 'showstoppers', I'm sure Dancopter are looking at them as challenges, and are liaising with the client.

I wish Dancopter all the best. They seem to have a 'can do' attitude.

They have well trained crew and engineers who seem to be paid in line with the better paid operators in the industry, and most are on an equal time roster.

They're using a modern airframe and have a team who are willing to flex to better the company for whom they work. (Something I know doesn't happen with some of the established operators.)

They seem to have minimal corporate bulls@£t, and the accountants don't outnumber the 'coalface workers.'

So in short:

Well paid crew and engineers.
Good roster.
Flexible, positive staff.
Good safety record.
Modern Airframe.
Small overheads - The accountants don't outnumber the 'coal face' workers.

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

Swapshop - time to take a close look at the company you are working for just now.

Last edited by Jetboxer; 14th Jun 2012 at 22:38.