PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Hold Pool (FO's)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2012, 19:20
AP2 On Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archer,

Just for you to know, the Airbus guys are not just getting a rubber stamp applied to their application and dropped in the pool. I assessed in early April and there were three Airbus pilots in the group, myself included. Only very recently one of our number received the "second" email and the other two of us are still waiting. It may be that Emirates are focusing on Airbus guys at the moment, but no doubt that will change again before too long.

If the news about 6 A380s coming later this year is true, then assuming EK needs about 25 new pilots per aircraft, that is 150 pilots. That could well drain the hold pool very quickly, to say nothing of the steady deliveries of 777s. If Airbus has got the wing cracking sorted, and it looks like they have, then we could see the pace pick up again in recruitment.

Some of us have been waiting upwards of two months to hear about the state of our applications. Friends of mine there who interviewed last year heard back in less than two weeks, so you can imagine how the delay is wearing our nerves out after so long. If it's taking this long then there is doubtless a good reason why Emirates need this much time, and we can only be patient. There really isn't much we can do to speed the process other than take solace that we put our best effort forward in Dubai, and hope that is enough to convince EK of our worth. We can't influence the process anymore, so sit back and enjoy the ride. I think a lot of us have been waiting years for the chance to join Emirates, so waiting a few more months hardly seems to matter.

AP2