PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 11th Jun 2012, 22:10
joaocastro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??

Dear colleagues,

I would like to know if there is someone on this forum, that has applied or knows someone that applied for the the Airbus 320 Type rating and line training.

What I really want to know is the rate of success for candidates that have less than 1000 hours or even 1500 hours, that are know working in an airline company.

In my case for example I graduated as a pilot last year, and currently I have 240 hours total time. I also know that after completing this program my chances increase a lot. Believe me, I'm completely against paying to fly, but without spending more money I will never start flying.

I know some people that had less hours than me that after completing the Airbus program were able to get a job.

I want to know in general if it is a safe bet, the risk is always present, but this will be my last chance of financing a type rating. I'm afraid if I invest in a turbo prop I may not get the chance to pay a jet qualification later.

All comments are welcome.

Regards, and the best of luck to all of us.