PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th Jun 2012, 08:49
sqn012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi guys,

I've been reading this discussion for some months now and I thank all of those who gave me answers to my questions.

3000TT
flying since 1990 (ex-fighter)
full ATPL

In order to give you also some feedback, here is my personal timeline :

- online registration : OCT 2011
- invitation for selection : end of jan 2012
- selection : feb 2012
- good news : march 2012
- employment letter : april 2012

still waiting for DOJ ...

a friend of mine received his employement letter at the same time (april). However his DOJ is 24th of june. I think due to the fact that he is type rated (A320).

The spanair guys (more than 100) have been recruited recently and seem to give a huge workload to the HR dept. They all come in front of the queue. Makes sense, they are fully type rated and well experienced, whereas many of us are not type rated (I guess).

When I did my selection, many guys around me were unemployed or about to become so (I am...). Having more than 100 experienced A320 pilots (DEC included of course), is a very good opportunity for QR. They can't miss it. And that's why (I think) there is now some delays.

Being unemployed with 3 kids, I just hope that they will call me in the newt few months. Life is tough.

I have learnt to be patient with QR ...

If some of you guys are in my case (emp letter april, waiting for DOJ), I'll appreciate to be in touch with you => PM me pls

all the best