PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gillards Carbon Tax and effect on Aviation fuel
Old 6th Jun 2012, 07:41
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm a big fan of nuclear power, it is relatively clean
Streuth, it never ceases to amaze me that there are still pawns of the nuclear industry out there. It would really pay for you to do a bit of research. Fukushima is a disaster of epic proportions and there are hundreds more potential Fukushima reactors areound the world, ticking time bombs that no one can afford to shut down and clean up. The really big problem has always been that the proponents of these things are old men, codgers who will no longer be around when the reactor's use by date arrives.

Germany has abandoned this technology, Japan has seen the light but heck some dumb Aussies still want one on the coast near a major city.

But you won't take my word for it, you won't do the research, you will say the naysayers are conspiracy nuts, Fukushima is not that bad (cause the papers tell you so) and you will continue to think a bigger more consumeristic Australia is a good thing. Tell me truthfully, would you like one next door to you?

Last edited by Aussie Bob; 6th Jun 2012 at 07:45. Reason: Poor spelling