PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2012, 10:32
onyxcrowle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankfurt would be a good one, But they would have to make sure the schedules better than the Easyjet AMS services.
It's such a pity they didn't make that work, But then an Airline running as you say the smaller EMB aircraft would no doubt be able to.
I guess continue the airport's current thing of small measured growth. Find a HUB/route folk would use on a daily or whatever basis. Use a small A/C and go from there!.
Out of interest though, How would it work anyway if say, (dont shoot me down fir suggesting the airline im using it as an example). DLH was to provide an Emb 170 or 135 type to FRA for the large number of onward connections. Do the passengers not have to check in when they get to frankfurt two hours before say a flight to JFK leaves FRA?. in Which case for a decent service to remain to be offered from DSA and be used etc, Im guessing it would have to be aquite an early one. Or is it different for a connecting flight. Im not that familiar with that side of things. But for example you see ETD flights landing at IOM which are just codeshares, But under the same flight numebrs etc. I find it a bit confusing.

Last edited by onyxcrowle; 4th Jun 2012 at 10:35.