PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK CAA IR 7 year fiasco
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2012, 14:42
Fart Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Dan,

Actually, the legal angle we are taking is that the implementation of the change was not done properly, i.e. we were given no proper warning of the change. There are legal precidents regarding 'high handed bureacratic (?) rulings' that have been won. I'm hoping to meet an aviation lawyer in DXB in the next week to discuss things.

Incidentaly, I've heard the reason given why they didn't warn us of the impending change. I can't at the moment say any more for legal reasons, but when I can, you will laugh your heads off, it's beyond absurd. They are grasping at straws.

It is also worth considering that the exams they are asking us to resit are the very same exams on which our ATPL's are based, so why not take our ATPL's away as well...?

Also, the CAA is happy to put an EK earned A330 rating on my JAR/EASA licence as long as I present amongst other things; A copy of the non JAR TRE's authority, and a copy of my non JAR licence. And they're spouting off about how we need bilateral agreements, but they're happy to accept all of this non JAR stuff for a type rating!! The more you look at this case, the more you realise that they genuinely have no idea about how aviation really works.

It will be interesting to see how the pilots from all the other european countries react when they see that they've been shafted as well under EASA. I suspect they won't be quite so 'British' about it?

Anyway, we are in the process of setting up a petition etc., because I'm not letting this one drop; They screwed up, have admitted it, and so should provide a temporary remedy to sort it.

All I can ask is that everybody keeps hassling the CAA, if we do nothing then we are guaranteed to lose this.

Last edited by Fart Master; 1st Jun 2012 at 14:48.