PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines bangs up another one...
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2012, 20:30
tknapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will say we pilots are our worst enemies!As for saying the training department sucks is not true. They do expect you to know SOPs and the plane which you should because everybody is already rated when hired. There's always room for improvement with any training department. As for saying the training pilots are bad that's BS! I took multiple Rides with ia1166 and he was better than most of the check airman in the States, also thought the Viet guys where fine. I learned the hard way about the SOP since I was the first American to show on property from Frontier and was not used to a QRH. The Viets who trained me were great guys and did a standup job getting me through it. Maybe alot has to do with The attitudes of the individuals.
I'm to lazy to look at who said all the Frontier pilots suck but some of the worst pilots I had ever flown with there were other expats not the Viets! All I ever heard from the Viets were how much they enjoyed flying with the Americans compared to the Ausies, Brits etc. I'm sure a lot of guys who didn't make it through training flew with Captain Bick.

I will say at least none of the Americans were ever SCABS! And we all know who the SKABS are over there.

It's like what ia1166 said its about pay, days off, and having a good time.
Tom