PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London pride parade at public expense
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2012, 21:35
NutLoose

Received 2,820 Likes on 1,202 Posts
Several years ago I attended various committees and forums that organised, ran, and promoted these events; both tri-Service and MOD panels. Each time I came away with the thought that these people were pushing too hard for something that was never going to be an issue. OK so some group members were 'old school' and had old fashioned opinions. But does sexual orientation equality need promoting or an awareness campaign launched? Not since homosexuality was 'legalised' from a military standpoint in 2000, and certainly not after the dust had settled by about 2003.
GeeWhizz

Spot on, nothing alienates more than having it rammed down their throat, I for one couldn't care less if the person working next to me is gay, likes sheep, is a minority group or is a celibate monk..
What rankles is when it is shoved in your face by politicians supporting these, and i say it with no malice, minority groups... do I want to parade through London because I like women, No... Do I want to parade through London because I am white.... No... do I want to parade through London because I am right handed... No, so why should I be looked on as racially sexually left handedisimist.. Simply because I do not agree with all this crap being lofted on me by politicians, senior service members and the courts, simply because they wish to be seen as being PC and push it to the extreme, to make the point.

Gays in the Forces.... Not a problem at all, it was a long time coming and was totally justified in being allowed, I remember during my Service career how those that were " found out" we're hunted down and treated as if they we're lepers and treated disgracefully... That was totally wrong and abhorrent, BUT in these eyes the changes should have been Gays are now allowed and that should have been the end of it, if you wanted to tell folks I am gay, fine... But for the military PC to jump on the subject and then force it on everyone with the push to show how much they are embracing the gay community in the forces is just wrong.

Last edited by NutLoose; 30th May 2012 at 21:38.