PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is London the new Afghanistan??
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2012, 12:21
mlc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what's worse. The crap that the DM publishes as 'news', or supposedly intelligent people actually believing this sort of nonsense.

As for the rest.

Pensions- Contributions rising to 14.2% of gross wage. Working till 60 (chasing 18 year old feral scum..that'll work). Pension is worth half what is was. When I was in the mob, how much did I pay into my pension...not a lot!

Resistence to change- Cameron is privatising the Police. Look at the jobs currently on G4S website. Look at the roles West Mids are putting out to tender.

Fat, lazy Police- Right! 70% of the people I work with are ex-Forces. During my dark blue career, I saw plenty of fat, lazy wasters. I don't condem every one in a uniform as such.

I've been shot at, attacked with knives and screwdrivers, had ribs broken twice....never got some much as a stubbed toe in the mob and I had a damn site more time off as well. Let's stop pretending that everyone is stuck in a **** hole in Afghanistan.

The Armed Forces and the Police are fair game for Cameron, because neither can do anything about it. It's pretty disappointing to see some of the inane comments on here. And from a Daily Mail story (it's certainly not journalism)