PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF CLUB
Thread: RAF CLUB
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2012, 07:13
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
As someone who will be staying there within the next 72 hrs and Mrs LJ will be staying there on a London night out within the next week, I feel I should add my two-penneth in support of the Club.

It might have dress regs that make some people's toes curl - but maybe some inward navel gazing is required as to your own personal standards? After all is a shirt, a pair of smart trousers and shoes really too much to ask? It is after all a Club and if you want to see more restrictive rules have a look at those listed here: List of London's gentlemen's clubs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I also like the idea of Mrs LJ staying somewhere safe and away from the detritus of society that can frequent cheap hotels (prostitutes, drug pushers and people who have no respect for others).

Yes, they don't always have a room, but so do other places I have to book. I also slide in there without staying for a cheeky pint or lunch or even breakfast, knowing I won't have to queue and the quality is a known quantity. That is also a perk of membership as is the library or just using it as an RV for friends or colleagues.

I have been a member for 24 years and hope for a further 24 - well done RAF Club

LJ

Last edited by Lima Juliet; 25th May 2012 at 07:14.