PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Sukhoi superjet 100 is missing
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2012, 18:24
Northbeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical for demonstration flight......well that would depend.

There is no one template for an aircraft demonstration flight. There would be wide variation between Boeing, Airbus showing off their 787 or 380 to a new customer and what happened on this “Superjet’ flight. What Cessna, Gulfstream or Falcon crews may do on a demonstration flight might well be different as well. Of course there is not one profile; the flight demonstration profile will differ with individuals, companies, weather and likely hundreds of other variables.

Respectfully, if you really want to know what happened I suggest waiting patiently for the accident report. Or get the necessary training and experience yourself and go become an accident investigator and be on the “ground floor’ with “real time” information (Yes, I have had some training in this field). Speculation is just that speculation; the vast majority of it serves zero purpose-nothing (generating a lot of heat (hot air) with no light (truth). Pounding away at the key boards isn’t going to make every detail of what happened magically appear.

The best I am hoping for is that the professionals of the field are given complete latitude to conduct their investigations and publish their findings that the rest of the industry may learn from this tragic event.

Last edited by Northbeach; 18th May 2012 at 18:48.