PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF pilots leaving
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2012, 05:28
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CSD. would the following quote refer to one David E? Quote: "I recall a certain Chief of the Air Staff (as he wanted to be called back then) going through an uncomfortable experience on 60 Minutes answering questions about RAAF pilot manning." Unquote.

If so, the same person, in a published interview in Australian Aviation magazine, described those leaving the RAAF for greener pastures thus "Oh, I'm not concerned about RAAF pilots leaving to go to Qantas or other airlines, they are usually only the malcontents, the one's who believe correctly that they do not have any real prospects in the RAAF" or words to that effect. The same bloke some years later was concerned at the bleeding of pilots from the RAAF when he was trying to get elected to parliament.

Arm out the window, "Taxpayers provide the money, so there's no mechanism to boost income via more efficient work practices or greater effort". from one of your posts. Having flown 122.9 hours in a month (plus spent 28 hours Simulator instructing) there was not too much scope for "more efficient work practices or greater effort". What I did get for it was a bollocking for exceeding the monthly 120 hrs per month limit. That was October 1976 in a C130A, not sure about today's work practices or effort but doubt much has changed.