PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should i Chase my dream and carry on my training
Old 15th May 2012, 01:03
Shane C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL - I am only 25 years old and you'd be thinking what do I know? Well, I've had a few jobs and tried different career's but like most of us on here, we realised that we wanted to become pilot's. In my view, there is no better job out there for me. Sure, every job has it's downsides and I'm sure aviation is no exception. For example; trying to break in to it and getting your first job is a major downside considering hundereds of thousands spent and no guarnatee of a job.

My advice to you is to seriously go away and have a think is this really want to do with your life?? If that answer is no, well you have saved money overall. If the answer is yes, then for goodness sake, go for it and do your absoulute hardest to get an airline job or at least a flying job. From my experience and pilot's I have talked to, being on an integrated course at an FTO is your best option. Just continue with it and pass your flight test's etc, get your MCC and JOC and apply, apply, apply!!

Torque Tonight - This is what worries me the most. But you must not give up. Unfortunately, luck does seem to play a rather big part in getting an airline job as well as 'who you know.'

For example, a mate of mine just landed a job at A.W.E and he got in not because of his qualifications, but because of who he knew.

Last edited by Shane C; 15th May 2012 at 01:06.