PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rival unions target Qantas
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 23:25
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly I ask our good moderators for some leniency here. This will move a little political but the thread is a debate about the unions that represent aviation workers and how they are controlled and this does reach to the party system and will affect us all.

I know its off topic, but do you have any idea of the damage Craig Thompson and his mate Williamson have done to the Labor movement?
They have broken it to a point that it will take years to rebuild.

How many more turds are there who formerly or currently manage unions?
I know at least one.

How many former union turds have made it into State and Federal Parliament?
Who knows. Maybe about the same amount of former corporate turds that infect the Liberal party. They come out of the same mould.

Just how corrupt is the Labor Party, both at State and Federal level?
I think not corrupt but it seems that unethical practices have become accepted, its not just Labor though it is society in general. Take a look at News Limited and the phone tapping scandal.

Who knew, and when did they know it?
The problems with the HSU were known some time ago by lots of people but the exact details were unknown. Really, they still are. Who knows who recieved the services of prostitutes on the credit card, we can all suspect but the bloke is entitled to the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. That is a fundemental right in our society.

Why are ALL Labor politicians former union apparatchicks or lawyers who have never worked on the tools even for a day?
I think you will find that Doug Cameron worked for many years so this isn't entirely correct.

Do you understand that the Labor party is going to be wiped out at the next Federal Election?
Sure do. It appears that there are only about 72 people who can't see it coming.

Do you understand that Abbot is then going to take a blunt and rusty knife to the management of unions and permanently castrate them?
Yep. It will be carnage.

Do you understand that the Labor party is going to be unelectable until it gets rid of the corrupt branch stacking ethnically driven, tribal behaviour it is currently displaying, especially in the NSW cesspool?
Yep and it will be a long time. I occassionally sit with these young Labor upstarts and they have no comprehension of what the ordinary person thinks. It is as if there is a fantasy world that has been created for them where they have been given a birthright to absolute power. It disgusts me.

Do you understand that all your good work on behalf of LAME's is now totally and comprehensively in vain? Qantas is going to get exactly what it wants.
It won't all be for nothing. If we can save one Australian job that would have otherwise been lost if there were no barriers, we are better off. The work our union has done in the last 6 years has saved jobs, extended careers, provided better remuneration and rosters. The future will be tough battling the airline, the Monk and the destruction to the Labor movement caused by the selfish few.

I guess my job would be boring if it had no challenges. At least you know I will be working for my pay cheque.