PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Profit Announcement
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2012, 10:56
MR8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandhound,

I think you are quite rude to our colleague. Especially since he is right:

The profit share is indeed for the Emirates group, which includes SkyCargo and Dnata. So if Dnata makes more profit, that would only benefit us.

So before you start accusing me of low IQ etc.. I am not happy with how the profit share works, but this has (at least this year) nothing to do with unrealistic figures. It has all to do with the greed of the owners and setting the threshold for the profit share at an unrealistic level.

I also agree with the comment that the actual profit compared to the revenue is at an alarming level. This indicates to me that our cost cutting hasn't nearly ended and we can all expect further increases in productivity (days off on layovers comes to mind), especially on the main fleet where a mix of short and long haul flying can be optimized by the company.

I also don't expect a pay rise: we are already offering one of the better packages in the industry and our pools for FO and DEC positions are back at a good level with lots of experienced guys wanting to join.

Again, not the news I want to hear, but you have to be a realist. We are treated by this management as a commodity, so its all about supply and demand, and the supply of experienced pilots is not a huge problem now, so they can keep the 'buying' price for these pilots as low as possible.. Simple economics, and a problem of the industry as a whole, not only Emirates...

MR8