PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greenpeace activists paraglides into French nuclear reactor
Old 8th May 2012, 20:45
martello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hoping for more Mad J
especially 'bout King Alex :-)
but seriously do I take it that it's really not an insoluble engineering problem - counter intuitive thinking here - I mean accepting that the engineering is a mite more difficult (for that read orders of magnitude) then the deep sea oil exploration has handled if not sorted getting things to stay where they are and corrosion and forces so therefore it is an economic issue - the returns are there for oil but not for tidal and - not that I know - but I suspect that incentives for wind power are easier to give and give quicker returns - so are you saying tidal could be cracked with the right incentives but these would make the wind power sweeteners look like a fraction of a T Dan Smith expense account (points for all who got the historicals there) it's about short termism?
has anyone got tidal power working well anywhere in the world ?
after all tidal is a lot more reliable than wind
reminds me of the story about an engineer, a chemist and an economist washed up on a desert island .......'nuther glass of wine and I'll tell you