PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings - ''Flybe Wings'' pilot course
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 02:17
Shane C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CTC Wings - ''Flybe Wings'' pilot course

Hi all, this is my first post on this site so hello

I know this type of topic has been talked over many and many times. I have tried the search button but haven't found anything really.

I'm applying for the Flybe course at the moment, just about to send the application form off actually but was just wondering, to those who have been down this road with CTC, OAA or the forces, what is part one of the selection process and the PILAPT test really like??

I've looked over it and done my research on various websites, it looks impossible!!
I know there are three parts to get through with CTC and then the candidate goes for an interview with Flybe.
I currently don't have the £65k in place but was hoping BBVA can help with that!

Now, I would be an idiot not to assume that hundreds of candidates will applying for the same position that I am and that CTC and Flybe can take their pick but when I was in school, I didn't achieve the highest grades, barely passes but got the desired grades for the college I wanted to get in to and knuckled down in and achieved a BTEC First diploma in motor sport engineering with an overall grade merit and a distinction in applied Maths and Science.

I also started my PPL last year and have 7.7 hours dual on a Cessna C150 to date based at Bournemouth Intl.
Realistically, I am still going to apply but, would you think the selection team would be interested in me?

After all, I have an engineering background, flight experience and ALOT of customer service experience but my mental aptitude is a bit rusty Lol.