PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Warns It May Have To Park Planes, Cut Flights
Old 28th Apr 2012, 03:58
Flaps10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprised no one has mentioned JS's comments in the latest "Friday Telex". I guess I'm the only one who still reads company propaganda. I just can't stop myself...

Is anyone else getting tired of hearing about high oil prices? I believe the price of oil is at or around a new normal point. If anything, the price will continue to rise as the world slowly comes out of recession; a double edge sword for the airline business.

As for parking planes. I guess the pax 400's and BCF's will start to disappear soon leaving only the newer 400F's, ERF's and -8's. Being Hong Kong based on the 747 is going to suck until we all get converted over to the 777 or BUS. I assume the freighters will be continue to be crewed mainly by the based guys? Remember how fast the classics disappeared in 2007/8? A lot faster than originally planned.

SLS? I keep hearing that we are short 300+ pilots. Will we really need Unpaid Leave/SLS or will our short term crewing issues be resolved by reducing our fleet. BTW, how many new aircraft are arriving this year and in 2013?