PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe pilots fired after flight deck row
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2012, 00:57
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'General' Landflap - it is not really credible to say you don't get drawn by 'trolls' or get drawn into debate when a point has been misunderstood. That just adds to the picure of intolerance and intransigence you have already created, albeit possibly erroeously. If you are on this forum making some of the statements you have been among your fellow professionals, you cannot reasonably expect to then say there is no room for debate. Wonderful as it may be to run a cockpit where edicts are issued and no one questions your exceptional insights and judgements, you are not in that environment here.

Regarding being a 'troll' with 'an otherwise insignificant contribution', I will leave it to others to decide if that is the case. My observations are that CRM has been vital to the necessary culture change in our world, and I have wholeheartedly enbraced its value to aviation. Incidentally, the fact that Generals do not like to be questioned might go some way to explain why people like General Douglas Haig presided over 420,000 British casualties in the Battle of the Somme, including 60,000 on the first day. Perhaps a bit more questioning might have been quite helpful. The Generals of the Air, whose style CRM was brought-in to cramp, were for the first time challenged in their behaviour patterns - and they bitterly resented it. Very few people in our industry would question the fact that those who hate CRM so much are often the most difficult people to work with, and that those who need to learn the most from CRM are those who see least merit in it. You may be a great guy and your FOs all love you, but you sure do not come across as that here.