PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria whats going On..!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 14:42
glideslopealive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
State of Aviation in Nigeria

Enough of the rantings, the msg from both sides is clear. Back to business. Their appears to be no reprieve for nigerian airlines and operators. High cost of jet fuel, high cost of inefficient services from service providers, high forex rate, unpaid staff salaries, security challenges and uncertainties in the economy and polity have brought most operators to their knees. I learnt that caverton plans to bring in some more choppers and Q400 to support their expanding ops. Aero planning to bring in 5 more B734 from indonesia at a higher cost than offered from Europe. Capt Meg's wings aviation is planning to start airline operations with F100s or B733s. How is IRS doing? Do they intend to expand or have proved bookmakers wrong by getting this far? Will chanchangi ressurect or is this a terminal illness. Associated is on a death grip as fleet serviceability has been seriously depleted. I had the opportunity of meeting the MD recently, she is such a wonderful hardworking lady but unfortunately she is sorrounded by a corrupt and greedy management team. On another note, is Julius Berger still having the unofficial policy of 'no Nigeria pilot allowed command on their king air 350s?