PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nigeria whats going On..!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 11:05
NaijaNinja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open Letter to Moderator, Habari, oompilot, exeng

Hello Moderator, Habari, oompilot, exeng,

Below is my response to the private request from the Moderator to explain my post which raised some requests for me to be 'shot down'.

=========================================
Hello Moderator,

I am really grateful for your intervention. It seems we've always had preferential treatment handed to certain posts which goes through without scrutiny.

I am no racist by any standards, i have been married to a non-black woman from the Asian continent for over 20 years.

I disagree that my post is racial simply because i used the singular word 'white'. Indeed, worse have been posted on this thread without the use of colour to expose what lies beneath.

The last time i filled an application form, the ethnic minority monitoring section listed white as a race just as it did black. Now, typing the word white is deemed racist on PPRuNe but i don't think typing black seems racist rather using a word like 'nigg*' seems racist.

If the word 'white' offends or triggers excitement amongst some who wish to extinguish the truth that i try to speak for, then i apologise. I do not apologise because of the threat of being expunged from PPRuNe because life continues.

I hope the moderator's intervention becomes a standard move across the board because, this is just like watching a football match where the ref is being partisan. Reminds me of Ovrebo.