PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air arabia. hard time
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 14:14
green01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirArabia hard timebut not really

Hi Guys!! I have been working for AA for the last 4 years. i don't love the company as the same I don't love the 2 others airlines I've worked before.
We have problems like everywhere but what I can tell to you is:
My salary is good even higher comparing with any other airline in UAE.
They pay me school allowance to my children up to 100 000 dirhans/year.
They pay me house allowance enough to rent a nice villa with 3 bedrooms or a nice 4 bedrooms flat.
Laundry available inside of the company
Transportation allowance.
Meal allowance
Tickets to my family back home once a year
Once you reach your limitation they give you day off ,not stby not sim..I personally had every year since I started with AA around 45 days off in a row plus my 45 vacation days.
They give as default 5 days off together with any block of annual leave. Last month I used 10 days of annual leave and stay out of the sandpit for 17 days(What is not bad)
Every month I have 5 days off in a row plus my legal days off, of course.
The sim are quite fair as long as you prepare yourself and go to the box knowing what you are doing nobody screw you up.
Maintenance are okay and aircraft are brand new.
I've been here for the last 4 years I have never received any call or email from management asking why I put more fuel,diverted or grounded an aircraft, and I always fly with some extra fuel, already diverted and grounded.Of course using a common sense.
I am not here to defended AA and if I find any place better to work without any regret I'll go I just wanna be fair with the company and with other colleges that want to know more about the company.
Regarding to pilots leaving if I was young and still FO of course I would choose EK, big aircrafts, nice layovers(if UR on 777 or 380) and pretty flight atendentes.The rest my friend, don't expect much differences (90/hours with 8 days off and lots of homework) otherwise the deception can be big. Good and safe flights to all...