PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEARJET 60 - flight and service experience
Old 12th Apr 2012, 10:46
theaviator2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
60 any day, the hawkers i come to know had NOTHING bud trouble all the time, ya maybe unlucky but 5 JUNK airplanes did it for me...

Haven flown then 800hrs Plus in the 60 and 60XR, see not u got a beautiful aircraft for both Pilots and Pax.

Sure the cabin is what? 1 inch lower inside but thats it..... Lear 60 Greatly outperforms the Hawker in any way... And no not right u surely can take the 60 into Cannes no reason to fly to Nice, Sure Monaco is an issue but so it is for the Hawker.

Apu same issue for all smaller biz-jet's some are lucky some are not, some will work some will not no matter what aircraft u take...

Flown 2 brand new 60XR from the factory, one never had an issue the other the APU failed over and over the first 2 month, but so it did on the hawkers!!!

Range!!! oh ya like that 200NM is gonna make it ir break it??? I'll bet u that with the performance of the 60, I am able to almost push the same numbers out of the 60 then the Hawker when it comes to distance as i am actually able at fl. 450 or Fl.470 when light enough to pull back my engines further then what the book say i can!!! done it several times...

Parts being more expensive then the hawker??? Not really anymore, check the books and see the difference, sure 4-5 years ago there was actually a bit of a difference but now no not really...

As a Pilot ya sure i didnt mind the hawker but i greatly prefer the 60 and not the 60XR, haven flown from Beijing yesterday down to Macau sitting at Fl450 above all the weather was great specially when we had some of the biggest thunderstorms i seen in a longggg time... Try that Hawker, that slow ass wont even get near Fl430.

Do i really care what u buy, HAHA NO :-) up to u but make sure the owners sit in the 60 or the hawker before they even agree to anything, met too many companies who buy a mid-sizes jet without even sitting in one, thinking its much bigger then the fact.

Buy what fits the budget, they the client likes to sit in and what u as a Pilot would enjoy the more, but also remember classic 60 right now about 3-3.5 mil USD. New XR about 10Mil Used 604 about 13mil. So ya if u want used, IT IS CHEAP if u want new... Hmm then think about it as it would be worth paying the 3 mil more for the 604 ;-)