PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2012, 09:03
Kordau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During both my YOU Session and Assessment Day (29-Mar-12), there was a point where someone said, "Hmm... your sitting height is probably too tall for Army. We better check...". After finding I was 94.5cm, they went off and checked the details of the limit. Both times they came back and said I was okay, as the 92-95cm range is acceptable, though a waiver would need to be issued. I presume that waiver didn't have to come from AVMED, because the issue didn't come up again and I've already been told my file is ready to be sent to the PSA.

Given cj0203 has met an Amazonian (potential) Army Pilot, and that being 94.5cm didn't cause too much fuss, suggests all is not lost for you, Mooch. You have my sympathy, though. I know what it's like to have your case awaiting judgement at AVMED.

It's worth noting the waiver system is not simple... well, not from my perspective, anyway . For example, I don't know if I've been issued a waiver, or just recommended for a waiver at some future point in the process.