PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Apr 2012, 07:44
Tritzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same here. i had the assessment together with Victor75. positive pass end of January (initial interview was in the beginning of nov11). still waiting.

as for current news, as far as i am informed:

*I dont have proof for all of this, but as it is a rumours page, this is what I yet collected:

- training capacities limited and all occupied currently
-all normal second officer applications are on hold until further notice/no estimate, even for the HR yet
-a lot of spanair pilots came to join qr
-the training of most typerated people has been shortened, to achieve a faster training flow
-fast tracks and experienced people are processed like before
-as soon as the overflow of applications seizes again, SO programm will open again
- rumour: 'new contracts' upcoming end of may. maybe thereafter SO are processed again. (here again, I dont know about the details)

As most ppl here, I hope that my application will be processed soon, although I am aware, that it can take quite some time. But this is how it works in the middle east.
If you cant already live with this part, I wouldnt suggest you to go there, as you wont be happy and probably make everyone trouble.
If you dont mind changes, are flexible, its the place to go!