PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young Adelaide Instructors win against CX
Old 6th Apr 2012, 15:42
cxhk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I ask which court did they win their case?

If this is true, then can I file a case against the company for the breach of my contract? If CX gave instructor cadets seniority when they are still an instructor in ADL, and not operating a CX aircraft, not being pay by CX, not on CX payroll, not even working for CX. Then these instructors are clearly violating our seniority system.

So if above is true, then CX will have breach my contract with regards to:

1) Violation of our seniority system. (ie: How seniority are assigned? Assigning seniority to pilot not on CX payroll, and not being pay by CX, and not even working for CX)
2) Method of Entry to become a CX pilot? (DEFO, DESO, Cadet)
3) CX crew operating CX aircraft, so if they are CX crew, then clearly they are not operating CX aircraft while they are training for a third party organization with no shareholdings relations to CX?

Anyway, I am at a cross road here, I am extremely happy that these instructor cadets won their case. I think it is about time someone stuck up for themselves against the company. So good for them.

However, by hiring them and assigning them seniority out of order, they pretty much by-pass 3 years worth of CX pilots (real S/O) in terms of seniority. And these are our junior S/O who are actually working in a CX aircraft, while these instructors are doing something that our contract does not allow them to do (ie: Earning a CX seniority but not flying CX aircraft and not on CX payroll and not officially employ by CX). This is a much bigger deal as than just some instructor cadets, this is about a violation of our seniority system.

So just a thought for everyone who is cheering! I am at a cross road here, I don't know if you guys can see my point of view here.