PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 20:07
Full Left Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is also incorrect that CTC is the only route into EZY and TCX. Far from in in fact. Although I do agree CTC has a large market share there.

Are you really sure an architect doesn't pay best part of 120K to train? That figure you quote is after compound interest is taken into account, and even then is substantially inflated above reality. An architect student will study for at least 5 years unpaid. That doesn't come cheap and will require loans to pay Uni fees and living costs. That could very conceivably equate to about the same as the initial outlay a trainee pilot makes. They too then have to pay back interest across a long time frame. Can't think there is too much difference in the end.

Narrow Runway - I agree. It would be better if all easyJet employees had great benefits too. Aside from Flexicrew I believe that everyone is on a reasonable deal though. Flexicrew is a regrettable reality, but an individual is not on the scheme for long. The benefits in Spain and Switzerland are also excellent too. I would argue that it is not just the French law making France an exception.