PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 12:29
Cloud9.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, Come on now CTC had no power to destroy the T’s&C’s you did that all by yourselves by not standing up to the company when the idea of Flexi Crew was first suggested i.e. you should never have agreed to any form of contractor flying your companies airframes. (We need to include Ryan Air Crew in this too).
I don’t see any contractors driving main line and tube trains etc because of their solidarity in support of their union.
Unfortunately the L&RHS ‘well it doesn’t affect me’ brigade is the culprit here.
In every industry from IT to construction and even the armed forces the introduction of contractors has wrecked the T’s & C’s of the workforce.
When are you lot going to grow a pair and actually do something about it?
Actually its not just CTC but all of the agency providers (Brookfield, Rishworth etc), this is an industry all of its own now just look at Serco in public services sector and AlexanderMann in IT services to see where you are headed.
So EZY guys here are some suggestions, in your Merlin negotiations instead of spending all of your efforts to improve the RHS package, insist on limiting flexicrew to say 10% of total pilots with a minimum of hours per year, scrap the random roster and define the salary levels based on experience/ seniority etc. just like the legacy airlines do.
If you are not prepared to do this, stand by and watch whilst further erosion takes place.