PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Killing the INDUSTRY!! eJ, Monarch, Thomson and ????
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 08:14
Full Left Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree it is not all a bed of roses. I never said it was, only that a positive outlook on it all goes a long way in dealing with the issues.

I don't own a range rover or a breitling, I only said I could afford them. Instead I am investing my money sensibly for the future in these uncertain times.

Contrary to your thoughts, I do still work for easyJet, and they provide me with all those said benefits and a high salary (and actually a salary much higher than CTC ever promised at the beginning of training). I saw the opportunity offered in the European bases and bit the bullet. I knew it would be tough to move abroad, into a new culture and a new language, but I was positive enough to take that step rather than doing nothing about being in a bad situation, expecting the good life to be presented to me on a plate because somehow that was the God given right of a pilot, and then proceeding to moan about it for the rest of my career when that inevitably didn't happen.

Like I said in my first post on this topic. CTC is not perfect, but it is the reality now (and a good reality in many ways, as supported by several other posters on this thread). Combined with a positive outlook the overall result can still be very good.

It's a shame that some of the posters on this thread seem to believe a good old rant about CTC and the supposed eventual implosion of the entire universe will actually achieve something.