PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Falklands War Brewing
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 11:07
cokecan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PN, depends on the tune they're trying to play!

i'm a pessamist, i'm deeply concerned about the ability if the current Argentine government to back off and accept political defeat over the FI in the face of electoral defeat over economic missmanagement and allegations of corruption - i do not believe they can take the islands (the lack of amphib capability being a big part of that..), but i do believe that they can attack them to some degree or other, i do believe that they can make life unpleasent for the islands CivPop, and i do believe that when faced with the stark choice of certain electoral deafeat, and possible military defeat, Mrs Kirchner will opt for the route that sacrifices the lives of young men on the altar of her political career.

yes any attempt will end in defeat, but it will amost certainly include the deaths of British service personnel and civilians as well as those Argentines unfortunate enough to have this egotistical idiot as their CinC - and in my humble view, the likelyhood of her deciding to take the chance is inversely proportional to the assets she sees on the Islands. i don't really believe she understands the difference between a 45 year old Skyhawk and a Typhoon, nor a SSN and an SSK, or a T45 and a MEKO 360, and i don't think she listens to a word her military advisors say, so i think we should be extremely careful about believing that just because we think she should be detered by the force on the Islands, that she'll view the balance in the same way.