PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNZAF 75th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2012, 04:09
Samuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No attendance from the RAF, although I did spot the RAF "Seedcorn" lot in flying suits, along with a Dutch Air Force Wing Cdr, a USAF 4-Star, a French Air Force chap, and another who was possibly Italian though he had so much gold braid he could have been an escapee from Gilbert and Sullivan! I should mention perhaps that those in the know in the world of air displays were hugely disappointed the RAF couldn't come. So be it!

Commentator was ex-RAF now RNZAF C130 Capt Sqn Ldr Kate ? now Bint [her married name, not her occupation!] She really does a good job and the English accent is a definite improvement on some of our own I can tell you!

There will be some excellent photos later, from my son who has a much better camera than mine!

The weather, on the last day of summer, was superb, very little wind, and warm enough.

The Aussies did us proud by turning up in force, and putting on excellent displays with the F18 Hornet. The solo display was brilliant!

But, for me, the privately owned Hunter, blue note and all, was great!

Air New Zealand turned up with a new B777 painted in All Black colour scheme, and that is one huge aircraft, almost dwarfed the USAF C17 nearby.

You can buy great coffee too, and it didn't used to be....

Attendance was allegedly 70,000 though I doubt that.
RNZAF Base Ohakea on pre-show day.