PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 31st Mar 2012, 14:00
look you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm baffled. You are on the brink of what is widely acknowledged as a once in a lifetime growth opportunity in BA that should provide opportunity for all beyond what they could have imagined a few months ago. The BACC want bmi pilots at the bottom of the MSL with augmented rights, so bmi pilots aren't unfairly disadvantaged. The bmi CC want an integrated list using one of a number of methods recently employed by BALPA in other mergers, with mitigation to ensure the existing BA pilots aren't unfairly disadvantaged.

Assuming that 'augmenting' one group is broadly the same as 'mitigating' for the other, am I right in thinking that there is about to be an almighty fallout over what 'number' you are and who gets the most sweets? Really? If my kids were having this row I'd bang their heads together and tell them to grow up and share the opportunities offered as if they were actually part of the same Association in a profession with a supposedly noble history. Can't any of you move away from focussing on 'disadvantages' and celebrate the advantages? Honestly, I've seen more sensible discussions over the toys in a sandpit at nursery school.