PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Propeller torque & engine torque
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 20:11
ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little understanding is indeed a dangerous thing.

Force times velocity has been iterated ad nausea throughout this thread.

It's multiplication.

What happens when you multiply by a very small number, as compared to when you multiply by a larger number? And as compared to when you multiply by zero?

Now, exactly which were those exams you were making a big deal out of having passed? Elementary algebra included?

(Vector, direction, magnitudes - those terms are left for googling by the interested reader.)

Now, I really, really do not care to argue the point, or any point, with you. It seems pointless, so to speak - a state of full duplex communication doesn't appear to ever be reached - and you are not exactly going out of your way to exhibit a charming online personality either.

Besides, you simply have to be trolling. This is a behaviour I detest, as it severely detracts from the usability of online forums for those who actually seek knowledge and understanding. Please stop, and let this forum be a place of educated discussion between professionals.

I do want to thank you for giving me a chance to respond on-topic (or at least in-line with the current direction the topic is taking) in this thread though.

This provides me with the opportunity to compliment italia458 on an excellent analogy with the bolt and the wrench. Well done, good sir! A good teacher is one who can bring an abstract concept into the every-day world most people can grasp without prior education on the subject.