PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2012, 14:00
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Northbound A1
I don't always agree with your posts, but I feel that your cynicism is looking more like reality.
I think dwelling on the amount that Peel have "claimed" to have spent is now moving the debate up a blind alley. Unfortunately it is now history & reality is that Peel now have full control as to what they choose to do with the airport. In having control of in excess of 75% of the new company's shares then any resolution they choose to introduce can be carried at a general meeting, with any remaining representation from the various councils ignored at will.
Interestingly the article states :-
It has resulted in concerns that the councils will lose their say in any development on land at the site.
Interestingly councillor Jim Beall, Stockton Council’s deputy leader, in quoting :-
....Regardless of the level of shareholdings, the local planning authorities continue to control the use of the land,......
, then councillor Beall must surely have missed the plot with this quote. Indeed today is the first day that the Governments new& more open planning reforms come into effect.
Coincidentally the article goes no to quote
Peel Airports Limited are meeting with local authority leaders and mayors and Tees Valley Unlimited, possibly this week
Now one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to work out what is now suddenly on the agenda