PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Load Control
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2012, 18:38
750XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have worked with various CLC load controllers as a dispatcher. Some of the errors are shocking to say the least. Even simple gross error cross checks highlight many issues.
I've seen several shocking errors from experienced load controllers, dispatchers, loaders, check-in staff etc... Mistakes happen.
There is no understanding of how things work on the ramp. There is little flexibility on changing loads.
I've always had full flexibility with all load controllers I've worked with, including GLC. They appreciate what I say and change the load according to my instructions.

It seems pointless having someone input bag figures into a system only for someone else to duplicate the same task. Often three or four load controllers will be involved at planning and during the flight, so it's no wonder when they need to take time to understand what and deal with problems as they acquaint themselves with a particular case.
Huh? A provisional load plan is produced based on the booked figure and the GLC/CLC agent will usually monitor the actual bag figure vs planned bag figure and update if required. People typing in the bag figures? Surely the load controller has access to the flight in their relevant system?

Dispatchers at aircraft side often bear the brunt of these mistakes and had to explain to reps an station managers why someone else has made an inept error. Mr CLC sitting 1000s miles away will have finished their shift having nothing to explain.
Not sure what CLC you've been using, but I've never had that problem. If the flight goes late due to load control issues (very rare in my case) then all I have to do is explain the problem and cover myself to prove I couldn't have prevented the problem, then the load controller is usually stuck writing reports for weeks and weeks when the airline come chasing up the delay.

Sadly CLC is here to stay. Can't think why the uptake has been so great.
Obviously financial.
Financially CLC is good, but also extremely efficient in my opinon