PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Propeller torque & engine torque
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2012, 15:42
italia458

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because you told me it was "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" produced by the US Naval Aviation Schools Command. That and the fact that drag x airspeed = power required is hardly controversial.
See, that's the difference between you and I. You seem to think that credibility is in a name (in general and in particular, in another thread). I believe credibility is in the truth or accuracy of the material. No one will ever convince me to believe in a name.

You seem to understand that Power required = drag x airspeed but you don't believe that Power available = thrust x airspeed?

This is incorrect. If you are creating 200 BHP it's because you are moving a mass of air over a distance, and at a rate equivalent to 200 BHP x [efficiency of prop and transmission].
After telling my that my statement about THP was incorrect, you provide one sentence that doesn't mention THP once! Did you really accomplish anything?

You are consistently highlighting your lack of understanding of the matter and yet you are forceful in your opinion that myself and all aeronautical engineers are wrong. Just because something seems correct, doesn't mean it's correct. I have maths and physics that prove that you are incorrect and yet you still try to convince me otherwise. Unless you can prove something wrong with the maths and physics used to illustrate THP (which I would love to see), you aren't proving anything worthwhile.