PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - News from Mother Russia
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2012, 04:33
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
9A+ Great shots!

Sycamore: Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will come back to you with an informed response. In the meantime what I can say is that the venerable Mi24 has worn a similar arrangement for many years:

Mi24 with Sycamore's 'mushroom style' air intake covers

MD600: The best of luck to you and the British Team! I suppose there will be more coverage of this as the year progresses.

Shawn, from the previous page:

A common perception is that Africa's helicopter forces are in the main ineffectual, a cosmopolitan assortment of Cold War veteran airframes supported by semi-skilled ground and air crews and which, to an extent, is true.

However, there has been rapidly growing interest in the Mi28 with numerous sub-Saharan governments seeking to negotiate purchases and .. crucially .. to buy training programmes that will ensure their effective and ongoing operation. Should these aspirations come to life for any number the relatively impoverished sub-Saharan nations, one could witness their possession, for the first time, of a formidable domestic fireforce in that the capability of the Mi28 exceeds anything they possess at present (mainly the Mi24). Interesting times ahead!