PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Mar 2012, 15:41
Fogrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet

look all119. Unless there are Fleet Managers on here answering questions no one knows for sure where you will go. It is highly likely you would go to the Airbus fleet as you have Airbus time but I don't know. They will put you where you are needed..period. I was asked where I would like to go. I told them. Made no difference. I have extensive international experience in the DC10 and MD11 I got placed in the A330. Quite frankly I am thrilled to be employed by Qatar.

Have a lot of you seen what is going on recently in the industry. AA chapter 11 with more furloughs. World 150+ pilots being furloughed all with extensive MD11 or 744 time. Omni parking a/c and laying off. Malev and Spanair gone. If you have interviewed and not heard anything in the past 4 weeks there is a very good chance you passed the first gate. Sit tight and be patient.

Just because you have a little bit of jet or turboprop time and a 1000 to 2000 hours doesnt make anyone "Gods gift". Yes its frustrating to wait we have all had to.

What was intimated to me and others who have interviewed, you are joining Qatar Airways not a particular fleet. If someone doesnt like the Fleet they are offered its simple. Decline the invitation and move on.