PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2012, 09:53
nesboy 1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use the skills you aquired through being crew

I spent 10 years flying as cc and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Unfortunately i was made redundant and the decision to leave was made for.

I was lucky enough to work for some smaller carriers and got exposed to different elements, such as training, auditing and management. I've recently moved in health and safety in what is classed as heavy industry (steel) and even though initially i hated it with every bone in my body i put what i learnt from flying into it. I took a lot of stick about being crew from everyone in my current organisation until they realised what i brought and now they want to hear 'stories' of my time within aviaition

I'm now on the final stages of my post graduate diploma in OHS and even though i still miss the buzz of passengers and service i don't think i could go back to being crew. I do miss aviation and would love to get back intoit but within a health and safety role.

I remember my father giving me some advice was i was a cocky 16 year playing football and i was offered a contract with a different club and i didn't take it because none of my mates (at the time) played there....and his reply was if you don't try son, you'll never know. That's stayed with me since. Have a go, if it's not for you, move on.

I hope this helps anyone looking at changing careers.