PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has your UK CAA I/R lapsed by more than 7/6/3 years?
Old 11th Mar 2012, 11:39
frankie777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all those interested.
If you look in the Fragrant Harbour forum under Dan Winterland you will find an email address [email protected] where coordinated action gainst this ruling is proposed. He needs the to know whether your licence is current, if not when it expired, what licence you are operating under and which company. It was written in November last year but I suspect is still active.
Also I have just got a copy of the APRIL 2012 issue of PILOT magazine where there is a letter from the Chief Executive of the CAA on this very subject. He explains that there was an error in all issues of LASORS prior to 2010 when it was changed to the current policy. He is adamant that the policy will not be changed and appears to be in line with what EASA is proposing. My argument with that is that we have been told and warned about the EASA changes to licencing but never were about the IR.
I intend to write to this man and try to seek some sensible response to this issue based on common sense and the fact that we are all operating under an ICAO licence which is recognized by the CAA.
I have also rejoined BALPA as an associate member who I believe maybe attempting to bring this issue to a head with the CAA.
I am certain that if enough people get together we can fight this issue successfully and retain our UK IR's without having to go back to the level of a spotty youth commencing his first IR.