PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - James Blunt: Britain's failure to get troops into battle (theatre) is pitiful
Old 8th Mar 2012, 19:55
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like him or loath him, James Blunt has a point. Personally, I find him engaging and at least he's been at the sharp end and has far more knowledge than the vast majority of 'celebrities'.

He doesn't need to go to Afghanistan, but volunteered because I think he feels an affinity with the guys out there - or is that too sentimental?

Having left the AT fleet in 1993, we were told the Tristar was just an interim solution - 19 years later it's still trying to do the job it's too old for and in a climate of cuts upon cuts.

Why knock JB for telling a truth? However unpalatable.

Either HMG need to have policies commensurate with being a fourth rate little country off the NW coast of Europe, or they need to stick most of our struggling GDP into an investment of equipment and people in the Armed Forces.

You all read/listen to the news, what do you think's going to happen?

I was going to say 'I'm sorry if he offends people doing their best' , but I'm not - SOMEBODY needs to. Just putting up and shutting up for generations has led to this situation.