PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Feb 2012, 20:31
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all those who have not heard bad news after a few Weeks, chances are you are in.

Once you get your offer letter and sign and return the contact, then it still may take a couple months at least before you get a start date. BUT, I would strongly suggest that you stay to prepare for the move either once you get an offer letter or for more security (and less time) shewn you get a start date.

Selling things you don't need, getting rid of clothes you never wear, booking storage space, selling car, gaining advice from your tax department, packing up rooms, canceling services (internet (do this last), utilities, etc), insurance (personal, kids, health, licence, house).

There are plenty of moving checklists on the internet, they are a good template to start with.

But definitely start as early as you can. I did all this in a small amount of time and it was a nightmare. That will teach me to be nice to the company I used to work for and work my holidays before I left! And give yourself at least two Weeks off before you start! You well need it to tidy up little things and communicate with QR/HR.

The hardest part for me is working out what to take and getting it to aQR port !
Excess baggage charges will sting you. But in my experience I will nearly be hiring the 50kg mark with two large bags and carry on.

Can anyone who just joined give some advice on what they would suggest to bring to survive the first week in style?

thanks!