PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2012, 17:50
aterpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive73:

I have just over 24000 hours and flew at united until they decided to steal my money, I finished my career in India, and assume if you have 20000 hours we are of similar age. I am amazed by your arrogance and attitude. You had a lot of luck which helped you finish your career without bending any metal. Remember no weather radars, no microburst detection, no deicing programs, just to name a few. I lost a few good friends who were not so lucky. Hell I remember when guys could have a drink in the cockpit. You can't tell me you were always fit to fly in your career or you called in fatigued every time you were in that state, fatigue wasn't even addressed when we started flying. You would have been laughed out of the building. You were lucky, just like the rest of us. Nowhere is it ever stated this captain was bad to his fo that flight. You should apologize for that blatant lie. There were no responses other than to the atc inquiry. As stated several times this was a complete breakdown in crm between the captain and fo. No communication to captain about late descent, no recognition by captain of late descent until 3 miles, no response by captain to calls from fo or jet, no recognition by fo of captains state and finally no action to go around until on ground after reverser deployment and long landing. Poor communication from before captain went to sleep, as stated by another poster they should have set a wake up time. All easy to see after spending hours investigating, the crew didn't have that liberty and never do. Funny thing about being a pilot, when you screw up your the first to appreciate the gravity of that mistake and for the most part don't need to be prosecuted. But mr. Perfect keep thinking your stellar career at twa was all your doing and that you were immune to mistakes that could of killed you if things hadn't linked up just a little differently, you will be the only one who believes it. You remind me of an ex pilot who joins the Feds and thinks he can do no wrong, maliciously destroying good pilots careers because of his god complex.
In addition to your obvious bitterness you really to go off on a a tangent.

Unlike you, I suspect, I participated in several accident investigations. Most, if not all, were the classic chain of events that finally broke and were usually because of lack of knowledge in a particular circumstance coupled with honest mistakes.

That is not the case here nor was it at OPRN. If you fail to see the difference then I must say you were the lucky one that made it out the other end alive.