PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR mixed mode trial
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2012, 14:22
DaveReidUK

Received 201 Likes on 93 Posts
DaveReid, the figure of 3500 you quote, is that all aircraft that landed on the departure runway on westerlies after 0700? If so, then lots, if not the majority, of them would have come under the usual TEAM criteria, so are not part of the Ops Freedoms trial.
Sorry, Gonzo, I've just realised I didn't answer the first part of your question.

As far as I can deduce from the published stats, the 3500 figure is the total number of landings which were either out-of-alternation (on westerlies) or on 09R (on easterlies). That includes the 1500 "traditional" 0600-0700 TEAM landings which would have happened even without the trial.

I'm pretty sure that everything that landed on the departure runway after 0700 is accounted for in the balance of 2000.

Post-0700 landings are identified in the stats as TEAM (on easterlies) or TEAM* (on westerlies), with the asterisk indicating that those were a use of Operational Freedoms.

What I don't fully understand is why OFs appear not to be applied when on easterlies. It seems a bit odd that a 10-minute delay is enough to trigger their use on westerlies, but on easterlies ATC presumably have to sit on their hands until the delay has built up to 20 minutes before deploying TEAM under the pre-trial criteria.