PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIG Announcement coming from QF?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2012, 11:12
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
empire4, my suggestion of what would save QANTAS was merely that. A suggestion. I know there is no way known to man that this current board will be removed before the demise of QANTAS.

As for QANTAS staff thinking of themselves. I can't see what's wrong with that. When no one else will look out for you, who's left to look out for you? No one will look out for you like you will.

As for who's looking out for the industry. The ALAEA and AIPA are doing what they can, but when CASA and the big end of town undermine everyone, including the government, the industry is basically stuffed. When companies are allowed to virtually self-regulate, they can do what they want.

It's not just QANTAS or the aviation industry that's being eroded, it's very much the whole workforce throughout Australia. You would have only had to listen to the news over the last week or two to see the jobs being shed.

ANZ - 1,000
Westpac - 350-450
QANTAS - 500 (additional to 1,000 last year)
Air Australia - in administration
Rigby Kell (home builder) - bankrupt and a couple of hundred jobs there
Alcoa
Heinz and the list goes on

It seems Australia is great at employing foreigners overseas or bringing them here, and putting local Australians out of work, while the board members get ever increasing paypackets.

Am I selfish for wanting to protect my job and look out for myself. You bet! So should every other worker out there who is going to have their livelihood taken away from them in a diminishing workforce, and all for the benefit of a few snouts in the trough.