PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 525 Relentless
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2012, 16:07
SASless

Received 467 Likes on 191 Posts
Sans.....I clearly stated I was guessing....and noted that I am cynical when it comes to Bell's history of innovation post the UH-1 series. Any one with inside info can of course think themselves sage and all knowing. I am outside the loop in that regard which any dullard would see as putting me at a disadvantage.

There is an old Greek Proverb that fits this situation....

"I should smell my hand and know what you are thinking?"

In this case my hand knows naught of what Bell is thinking....beyond what a little birdie told me yesterday. In due time we all shall learn of what Bell's latest offering holds.

We do know they have gone after a copyright for the "525" name.

Following their past record...first number denoting numbers of rotor blades...then odds are it shall be a five bladed head but that would be a first for Bell as it seems the Engineering Department has to use a thumb to count which limits them to no more than "four". As the second number could mean anything...and the third number being ever more nebulous...who knows what they shall roll over.

As you work for Bell...why don't you enlighten us...rather than sounding like a smart ass...errrrr...rather a Christian holding four Aces?

I am still putting my money on a 214ST Clone of some sort.....as if that aircraft had been modernized and improved it would have been a real Dandy....especially if it had anything other than a huge whopping two bladed rotor system and such a sorry excuse for an engine starting system. If Bell had done so...there would not be an AW-139 today probably.