PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 15:19
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed, I don't find you calling single travellers a bona fide minority group laughable, what I do find laughable is that you can call the fiscal repression you face the same as discrimination against other minority groups based on sex, religion etc. Come on. That's just ridiculous.

I am not generalising about singles and families. I said in this case. As in you. You said you travel regularly as a single. Therefore you clearly can afford it and must have a lot of disposable income. It is therefore a reasonable assumption that you have money. It was not a generalisation it was a specific case.

Again I suggest you write or become a majority shareholder and move aside those managers discriminating. Or even better whenever there is a single out there that is oppressed by a BOGOF, by a 2 for one offer and by a couple only deal I shall expect you now to scale the houses of parliament and wave your underpants in protest at the brutal oppression of this modern day highway robbery. Maybe also when a family consisting of 5 people is penalised by the 2 adults 2 children you can protest on their behalf (although lets not mention they got their tickets cheaper than you with EZY).

We will be here all day. This is now not about EZY but about your perceived idea that the world unfairly discriminates against singles.

Whatever you say I will still find the idea of a pricing structure that discriminates on the basis of a single purchase akin to racism, sexism or homophobia ridiculous.

Bulk purchases generally bring about a discount. That's life. Seat prices change based on supply and demand so you might get them cheaper than a group or family anyway. Maybe that will make you feel better.

As this is now nothing really to do with EZY lets end our thrilling discussion (as riveting as I am sure it is for the enthralled PPruNe masses) and head our separate ways......you get climbing a ladder to the top of parliament....I am going to go and bulk buy some products from a wholesaler so I can annoy my minority group (not saying which group) neighbour who shops at the supermarket and is therefore brutally oppressed for buying items individually.

I totally agree the fee is unfortunate for single ticket purchasers, they may be singletons, widows, nuns, business men, family members travelling alone or possibly divorced flightless birds but I am quite sure its not a form of repression. I will speak to my friend who is a leading human rights lawyer but I think I know what the answer will be.....