PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2012, 10:14
one post only!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed, just take a mate with you or maybe a mail order bride. That solves the problem!

One way of looking at the fee is that everyone pays a fuel surcharge/booking fee with other airlines. However, If you bulk book with EZY you get a "discount" in that only one person pays the admin fee. This benefits families so many will like it (Liking it being relative!!).

Rather than viewing it as discriminating against singles you could consider that it is being used to win business from families and groups?

I get your points and kind of agree but I think its taking it a little bit far to suggest its similar to charging people dependant on race, religion or sexual orientation!!!! I mean really. You do seem to be getting a tad worked up over this one!

If things were changed to benefit singles like yourself, families would suffer! This charge benefits bulk orders. This is generally the case all over the world in any industry.

The world has changed. People demand low "headline" fares. Generally unsustainable fares. The price you see is the price you never pay. We all know this. It can take quite a while therefore to compare prices but if you sit down its not difficult.

I just don't think its worth getting all worked up over! Yeah it does penalise the people who travel on their own regularly.....but it benefits families and groups. Maybe someone somewhere has worked out its families that are feeling the pinch more???

Given the number of companies and supermarkets offering meal deals and BOGOF's you must have run out of places to buy food!!!

I just consider some things in life worthy of getting worked up about and others just not worth it. Think of your blood pressure.

I totally agree about the board bonuses and I totally understand why you are irritated by this.