PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2012, 13:03
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Evils of Singlist Discrimination!

It should be possible to display the inclusive price from the outset, because as part of doing a fare search the customer inserts the number of travellers. Therefore, the system should be programmed to display a price befitting the number of passengers selected. I can well understand why an airline which is intent on ripping off single travellers (such an easy target) may not wish to display this clearly, but they should be obliged to do so. I have no sympathy with opaque pricing and sleight-of-hand trickery in financial transactions. And yes, a GBP9 hidden single traveller fine does mitigate against me choosing EasyJet for travel where an honest alternative exists.

I have always routinely avoided companies which discriminate against single customers with the likes of "two-for-one" offers anyway. I refer to those deals as SPAD's (Singles PAy Double). If a company won't spread the benefits around, they can sell to somebody else. Single supplements and the like should directly reflect an additional cost to the supplier (such as a semi-occupied hotel room). Discrimination against singles where no additional costs are incurred by the supplier is risible. The very hallmark of a clueless and bereft management strategy. The action of a company which demands to be held in low regard in comparison to its peers.

SL.EASYJET ... Shame on you!